Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
High in lysine, the seeds of the amaranth are incredibly healthy. There was a good reason that the Aztecs considered it sacred. Amaranth is also extremely high in calcium, magnesium and iron.
- 1⁄2 cup amaranth
- 450 ml apple juice
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 500 g fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons honey, eg acacia
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 50 g almonds, sliced
- Grind the amaranth coarsely and bring it to the boil briefly in the apple juice with the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick.
- Leave to soak over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and stir in the berries and honey.
- Pour the pudding into small bowls and put in a cool place.
- Whip the cream, top each pudding with some of the cream and garnish with the sliced almonds.