Recipe by HeatherFeather
Adapted from Bon Appetit magazine. I have not tried this one yet.
Top Review by chia
This was very good over pound cake and vanilla ice cream. i had to use canned cherries, as ripe ones are unavailable this time of year, and i do think this would be better with fresh- i will make this again this summer when cherries are in season. The kids thought the brandy was a bit strong for their taste, but the adults approved.
- 2 cups fresh bing cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped (measure after pitting & chopping)
- 2 cups unsweetened raspberries, fresh or frozen,thawed,divided
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken into halves
- 4 teaspoons brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cherries,only 1 cup of the raspberries, sugar, and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Lower heat and let cook until cherries soften up, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove cinnamon sticks, and add brandy and remaining 1 cup berries.
- Serve warm or at room temperature over very hard vanilla ice cream, or any other type of dessert you prefer.