Recipe by Nana Lee
Here's a different breakfast dish. However, it is definitely a "weekend" breakfast due to cooking time.
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice or 1 cup grain rice
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine rice, half-and-half, sugar and vanilla in large saucepan over medium heat; cook 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup water.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until water is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding water, 1 cup at a time, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another.
- Cook until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in raspberries and strawberries.
- Continue to stir until risotto is light pink, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.