Nana Lee's Note:
Here's a different breakfast dish. However, it is definitely a "weekend" breakfast due to cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat water in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- 2Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, combine rice, half-and-half, sugar and vanilla in large saucepan over medium heat; cook 1 minute.
- 4Increase heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup water.
- 5Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until water is absorbed.
- 6Continue stirring and adding water, 1 cup at a time, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another.
- 7Cook until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat; stir in raspberries and strawberries.
- 9Continue to stir until risotto is light pink, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red-Berry Breakfast Risotto T-R-L
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 21.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g