Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet and salty just right for that tapas party. This can be made ahead and chilled to be served hot or cold.
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed well
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs red bell peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a hot large pan.
- Add pepper and cook till softened and slightly charred about 10 minutes.Add garlic and capers cook for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or chilled.
Quite too easy to be as delicious!
We used this as side dish to meat, but it would perfect served as tapas or appetizer,
It woudl make a wonderful impression on small pieces of toasted bread as well.
I prepared the double portion as I knew that we all like red peppers too!
Thnaks a lot for this tasty and preatty dish!
A quick appetizer sure to please. I didn't have sherry wine vinegar so I used red wine vinegar and then added a dash of dry sherry. I would suggest serving this with a baguette.
This really hit the spot. I scaled the recipe down to 2 servings and DH and I enjoyed this all by our lonesomes. Make sure you have some bits of bread to sponge up the dressing with - it's divine with the peppery juice.