Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delight to the eyes and palate
- 2 sweet red peppers, halved & seeded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion, softened
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in 2 quart sauce pan.
- Saute' herbs and onion til soft.
- Add water, bring to boil, add salt.
- Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
- reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the cheese, stir til melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill pepper halves with polenta, mounding.
- Place in casserole dish, bake 375' til peppers are soft and polenta heated thru.