1/1 Photo of Red Bell Pepper Tapas
1 hr 30 mins
Amanda in Aberdeen's Note:
I love Spanish Tapas. I could live happily on appetizers all the day long.I hope you are willing to try and rate this recipe. As long as the Peppers you choose are sweet and ripe, you will not be disappointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust broiler rack to within a 4 inches of heat source.
- 2Cover broiler pan with foil and preheat broiler.
- 3Place peppers on hot foil.
- 4Broil for 15-20 minutes, turning each pepper every 5 minutes until skin is blackened.
- 5Remove peppers from broiler and place in a brown paper bag.
- 6Roll top of bag down and set aside for 15 minutes, this steams the skins which makes removing the skin easier.
- 7Peel peppers by cutting around the stem and twisting it, halve peppers and peel the skin back with a knife.
- 8Rinse peppers with cold water and remove seeds.
- 9Slice pepper halves lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips.
- 10Place pepper strips into a jar.
- 11Add oregano, garlic and oil.
- 12Close the lid and shake to blend.
- 13Allow to marinate an hour.
- 14We like this served with garlic bread.
- 15This will keep one week in the refrigerater in jar.
- 16I haven't tried letting it marinate that long but I bet it would be great.
- 17Cooking time includes steaming and marinating time.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Bell Pepper Tapas
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 0.4 g