1/2 Photos of Red Bell Pepper Stuffed Chicken With White Cream Sauce
Sous Chef Bentley's Note:
This is one of our favourite recipes that we save for special occasions. Your guests will be thinking they are fine dining in your home. The sauce is very rich, I usually serve this with steamed green beans on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, juliened
Red Pepper Stuffing
- 1Roast the red peppers until blackened. Place the peppers in a bowl & cover with wrap to generate steam for approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the blackened skin and seeds. Cut each red pepper into thirds.
- 2Cut the chicken in half horizontally almost but not all the way through. Open the chicken like a book and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place a slice of roasted red pepper onto one side of the opened chicken breast. Top each with 2 basil leaves. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold the other side of the chicken over creating a bundle. Secure the chicken bundle with three pieces of string.
- 4In a large non-stick pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cover. Cook for approximately 7 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside.
- 5Remove to plate and remove strings.
- 6Add the remaining oil to pan, and cook the garlic and shallots until softened.
- 7Stir in wine and boil for 3 minutes.
- 8Stir in whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 9Return chicken to the pan, turn the chicken to coat while reheating.
- 10Remove the chicken to individual plates. Spoon the white cream sauce over the chicken and garnish with fresh juliened basil.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Bell Pepper Stuffed Chicken With White Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.6
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 197.7 mg
- Sodium 175.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: