I tried the Vegetable Wellington on the cover of Vegetarian Times, but wasn't crazy about it so I kept messing around with similar ingredients. I finally came up with this and holy cow, is it delicious! This could be either a main dish or appetizer, depending on the size of the mushrooms. Please forgive me for not having exact amounts, I really just threw stuff in 'to taste.' I'm an inexperienced cook but pulled this off nicely. Any helpful comments are welcome!
My Private Note
large m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mix cream cheese with some of the prepared pesto. (However much tastes good to you!).
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan.
- 3Add red onions and red peppers, cook until tender.
- 4Remove from heat. Toss in torn-up spinach leaves, let them wilt.
- 5While onions and peppers are cooking, brush mushrooms with olive oil.
- 6Add a nice sized dollop of cream cheese mixture, and then a spoonful of veggie mixture to each mushroom.
- 7Roast mushrooms 10 minutes or so until they look and smell impressive! :).
- 8Add a square of smoked gouda on top, cook a few more minutes until melted.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Bell Pepper & Spinach Stuffed Portabellas (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (792 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 192.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: