Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken breasts marinated in herbs and stuffed with red peppers, spinach and mozzarella cheese.....what could be more devine? Cook time does include marinating time.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cut a pocket horizontally into each breast half. Place chicken in a large glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano, and basil; mix well.
- Pour mustard mixture over chicken; cover and refrigerate for 30 min (up to 3 hrs.).
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a large baking pan with foil and sray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, spinach, bell pepper and garlic; mix well.
- Stuff 1/6 of mixture into each chicken breast pocket.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Bake for 20 minute.
- Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan cheese and bake and additional 5-10 min or until juices run clear.
love it. i'm eating it as i type! i did not use honey mustard (my hubby hates it)...but i stuck with the recipe on all other parts. it's fantastic - and pretty easy, too!