1/3 Photos of Red Bell Pepper Soup
Doreen Randal's Note:
This one doesn't use roasted capsicums, but it is delicious. I make it every year and freeze it. I have made it with red, yellow and orange capsicums, they all have a slightly different taste. All good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a (3 Qt.) saucepan over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and onion.
- 2Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft but not browned.
- 3Mix in the cumin and cayenne. Add the chicken broth.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 7Scoop out the vegetables.
- 8Transfer the vegetables to a blender or food processor.
- 9Add a little broth.
- 10Process until smooth.
- 11Return the puree to the broth in the pan.
- 12Mix in the lemon juice. Adjust seasoning.
- 13Reheat to serving temperature. Serve hot. Cheers Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- 14New Zealand.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Bell Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1113.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 8.1 g