1/4 Photos of Red Bell Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup
I came up with this soup last night as a way to use the massive quantity of bell peppers I bought on sale this week. The sweet potato I used was of the pale variety, but I'm sure it would taste delicious with an orange sweet potato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil.
- 2Saute the onions and garlic for about 10-15 minutes on medium heat, or until the onions are soft and very lightly browned.
- 3Add the bell peppers and saute for another 10-15 minutes, until the bell peppers are soft and everything is lightly browned.
- 4Add the sweet potato, vegetable broth, bay leaves, salt, and butter and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the sweet potato is soft.
- 5Remove the bay leaves and blend the soup until mostly smooth.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Bell Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.7
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 623.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: