Recipe by The Culinary Chase
Recipe adapted from Australian Good Taste magazine. For a photo to go along with this recipe I just posted today, visit my food blog: http//www.theculinarychase.blogspot.com
- 500 g eggplants (aubergine)
- 1 large red bell pepper (capsicum)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- pita bread, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Prick the eggplant with a fork.
- Place on an oven tray with the capsicum.
- Roast for 1 hour or until soft and set aside to cool slightly.
- Peel the red bell pepper.
- Discard seeds and membrane.
- Cut the eggplant in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Place the eggplant, red bell pepper, almonds, garlic, lemon juice and chili oil in the bowl of a food processor and process to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and place in a serving bowl.
- The Culinary Chase's Note: This should last a few days in the refrigerator.
- Serve with your favorite cracker.
- If you don't fancy the chili oil, then use extra virgin olive oil.
- I used the BBQ to cook the pepper and eggplant.
- Just remember to turn the vegetables over for even cooking (takes about 20 minute using this method).
- Cooking the eggplant this way adds a bit of a smokiness to the dip. Enjoy!