This recipe comes from Toronto restauranteur Massimo Capra - its one of his most popular dishes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sweat the onion in two thirds of the butter and the oil.
- 2Add the beet tops and mix well.
- 3Add the rice and toast for a few seconds.
- 4Sprinkle the wine and let it evaporate.
- 5Add stock, enough to cover the rice and simmer.
- 6Halfway through, add all the beet juice and continue simmering.
- 7Altogether this should take 16 to 18 minutes.
- 8Do not add too much stock towards the end, keeping in mind that the risotto is to be creamy not soupy.
- 9When the rice is cooked remove from the heat and add the remaining butter& the cheese and stir to make it fluffy.
- 10Serve immediately topped with shaved parmigiano.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Beet Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.2
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 60.9 mg
- Sodium 167.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: