Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from Toronto restauranteur Massimo Capra - its one of his most popular dishes!
Make and share this Red Beet Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- Sweat the onion in two thirds of the butter and the oil.
- Add the beet tops and mix well.
- Add the rice and toast for a few seconds.
- Sprinkle the wine and let it evaporate.
- Add stock, enough to cover the rice and simmer.
- Halfway through, add all the beet juice and continue simmering.
- Altogether this should take 16 to 18 minutes.
- Do not add too much stock towards the end, keeping in mind that the risotto is to be creamy not soupy.
- When the rice is cooked remove from the heat and add the remaining butter& the cheese and stir to make it fluffy.
- Serve immediately topped with shaved parmigiano.