1/13 Photos of Red Beet Chocolate Cake
You can use a jar baby food beets, canned beets in water that you pureed (NOT pickled) or roast your own beets then puree. You will be very surprised at how good this is. In taste and for your health. Beets are high in carbohydrates and low in fat. Containing phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium, as well as fiber, vitamins A and C, niacin, folic acid, and biotin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 -1 1/2 cup beet, pureed (15 ounce can of beets in water, drained and pureed is 1 cup)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (Melt and cool the 2 1-oz squares of baking chocolate.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- 3Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 4Combine sugar, eggs, and oil in a mixing bowl.
- 5Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 6Beat in the beets, cooled chocolate, and vanilla.
- 7Gradually add dry ingredients, beating well after each addition.
- 8Pour into prepared baking pan.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 10Cool in pan on rack.
- 11Cover and let stand overnight to improve flavor.
- 12Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Beet Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.3
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 213.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g