Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another quickie that we often cook. I like it because it's a meal in a bowl.
Make and share this Red Beef Curry with Hokkien Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400 g rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 185 ml coconut milk
- 60 ml water
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, ends trimmed,seperated,washed well
- 500 g hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large fry pan over a high heat, and stir fry the beef in 2 batches tossing frequently for about 2 minutes or until just sealed.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining oil.
- Add the onion and curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the capsicum, coconut milk and water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, put the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water, allow to stand for 2 minutes to soften slightly.
- Add the beef, noodles, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and spring onions to the curry.
- Toss to combine and heat through.
- Serve at once.
Just finished eating this, it was quite yummy just not a stand out dish for me =]
We all loved this. Was quick and easy. Prepared all the veges first, sliced the meat and it was made in a flash. Also added green beans fresh from the garden that had been par-boiled. Will make this often. I used Udon noodles because I love them!