Another quickie that we often cook. I like it because it's a meal in a bowl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400 g rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 185 ml coconut milk
- 60 ml water
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, ends trimmed,seperated,washed well
- 500 g hokkien noodles
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1Heat half the oil in a wok or large fry pan over a high heat, and stir fry the beef in 2 batches tossing frequently for about 2 minutes or until just sealed.
- 2Transfer to a bowl.
- 3Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining oil.
- 4Add the onion and curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- 5Add the capsicum, coconut milk and water.
- 6Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- 7Add the bok choy and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until just tender.
- 8Meanwhile, put the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water, allow to stand for 2 minutes to soften slightly.
- 10Add the beef, noodles, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and spring onions to the curry.
- 11Toss to combine and heat through.
- 12Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Beef Curry with Hokkien Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 872.1
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 180.0 mg
- Sodium 451.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 40.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste