Recipe by Sonya01
different curry it is out of a WW cookbook but its old and does not have point values.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Loved this spicy dish Sonya. It was perfect. My dh & I are red curry fans and this unique recipe did not disappoint. It was easy to make and tasted great. I did add a little sugar, (personal preference only). I also had to make a few substitutions, sweet onion and red peppers for the green beans and bamboo shoots, as I didn't have any and never noticed until I was almost finished the curry. I will definitely be making this treat again. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Aussie Swap #39 :)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, roots finely chopped
- fresh chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 cup canned coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 450 g lean beef, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wok, add garlic, ginger, coriander roots, chilies, cumin and paprika and stir fry for 1-2 mins or until very aromatic.
- Add cocnut cram, lemon grass, lime rind and juice, bring to the boil.
- Add beef, simmer for 10mins.
- Add beans, bamboo shoots, fish sauce and basil. Simmer for 5 mins or until beans soften slightly.