Recipe by Lou van
I've adapted this to reduce the fat content (I don't brown the meat first) and to cook it in a slow cooker. Its very quick and esy to prepare and the sauce is really flavourful.
- 500 g stewing beef, cubed
- 3 roasted red peppers, from a jars, rinsed and chopped (or 1 raw chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (450 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (235 g) jar mixed mushrooms, drained and rinsed (or 125g fresh mushrooms sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or 1 tsp of preprepared chopped garlic from a jar)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the beef in the crock pot.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Stir and cook on low for approximately 8 hours.
- Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the casserole, stirring.
- Leave for a couple of minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Serve with rice or Ebly.