8 hrs 5 mins
Lou van's Note:
I've adapted this to reduce the fat content (I don't brown the meat first) and to cook it in a slow cooker. Its very quick and esy to prepare and the sauce is really flavourful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g stewing beef, cubed
- 3 roasted red peppers, from a jars, rinsed and chopped (or 1 raw chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (450 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (235 g) jar mixed mushrooms, drained and rinsed (or 125g fresh mushrooms sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or 1 tsp of preprepared chopped garlic from a jar)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1Put the beef in the crock pot.
- 2Add all the other ingredients.
- 3Stir and cook on low for approximately 8 hours.
- 4Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the casserole, stirring.
- 5Leave for a couple of minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- 6Serve with rice or Ebly.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 124.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers