1/3 Photos of Red Beans Served With Rice
1 hr 5 mins
Loretta in Louisiana's Note:
This is a good comfort food and is better 2 or 3 days later. Serve over a bed of rice and some good garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces dried red kidney beans, bag
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 small garlic cloves, cloves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1Soak beans over night or quick soak according to the package.
- 2Add beans to 6 cups of water.
- 3Add all seasonings and sauage.
- 4Bring to a rapid boil, and reduce heat to a medium simmer.
- 5Cover, stirring occasionally for 1 to 1 1/2 hour, or until beans or tender.
- 6Remove bay leaves.
- 7If you have a lot of juice and want it thicker:.
- 8Add 1 tbl flour to 1 cup of COLD water and whisk together.
- 9Pour in beans slowly will stirring.
- 10Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- 11Serve over rice with some good garlic bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Beans Served With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.4
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 1421.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 35.8 g