Recipe by LARavenscroft
This recipe comes from "The Good Carb Cookbook" by Sandra Woodruff, M.S., R.D. Depending on how hot I want it, I sometimes use tomatoes w/green chiles instead of regular tomatoes. This is another one of those recipes that I can make most anytime because I usually have everything on hand.
Top Review by ??? ?.
When I was in NOLA (New Orleans Lousiana) I had ate this all the time and now that I am back in Oregon I wanted to cook more cajun/southern food and this recipe was perfect it captured it just like I rememberd. Thank you so much for this!
- cooking spray
- 1 cup smoked sausage, diced (about 5 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet or dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Over medium heat, add the sausage, onions, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for about four minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the undrained tomatoes, red beans, and seasonings to the pan. Cook covered, stirring occasionally for about five minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook and stir for another minute or two until the rice is heated through.