Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this recipe, because it is so easy and good!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and smoked sausage in a large pot until onions are soft.
- Open cans of beans, drain two. Leave the third un-drained.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and simmer for 30 minutes while you cook the rice.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
For the sausage, Andouille is still my favorite! I usually use
this recipe because it's so easy : )
I am amazed that this recipe has no reviews yet! This is one of the best recipes I have tried from this site, and I have made many. Excellent!