Recipe by Llamatron
I made this with what I had lying around and it was AWESOME! You could use any kind of bean or meat or seasoning combination, this was just what I happened to have. What about black beans, steak strips, and taco seasoning? Also, adding some other veggies would probably jazz it up quite a bit.
Top Review by Sherry & Carl
My Husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was a bit spicy for our taste. So next time I will reduce the cajun seasoning to 1 1/2 teaspoons and omit the salt. We will be making this again that's for sure. Thank you for the recipe.
- 467.76 g can red kidney beans
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon (Better than Bouillon brand)
- 453.59 g ground sausage
- 19.71 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml white rice, uncooked
- 591.47 ml water
- 118.29 ml water
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 14.78 ml cajun seasoning
- 9.85 ml salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Start the rice cooking: 1) Boil the water 2) Add 1 teaspoon chili powder and two teaspoons tomato paste and mix thoroughly 3) Add rice 4) Reduce heat to medium-low 5) Cover. The rice should be done in about 30 minutes.
- In a fry pan, add oil and set heat to medium-high. Add garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add meat and cajun seasoning and salt and cook until the meat is mostly done.
- Add beans after rinsing them thoroughly.
- Mix 2 teaspoons tomato paste, 1 teaspoon bouillon, 1/2 cup water, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch together, then add to the meat mixture.
- Mix everything together very well in the fry pan and reduce heat to low, cover, and wait until the rice is done.
- Once the rice is finished, mix it together with the meat mixture and serve.