1/2 Photos of Red Beans and Rice With Sausage
I made this with what I had lying around and it was AWESOME! You could use any kind of bean or meat or seasoning combination, this was just what I happened to have. What about black beans, steak strips, and taco seasoning? Also, adding some other veggies would probably jazz it up quite a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon (Better than Bouillon brand)
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1Start the rice cooking: 1) Boil the water 2) Add 1 teaspoon chili powder and two teaspoons tomato paste and mix thoroughly 3) Add rice 4) Reduce heat to medium-low 5) Cover. The rice should be done in about 30 minutes.
- 2In a fry pan, add oil and set heat to medium-high. Add garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- 3Add meat and cajun seasoning and salt and cook until the meat is mostly done.
- 4Add beans after rinsing them thoroughly.
- 5Mix 2 teaspoons tomato paste, 1 teaspoon bouillon, 1/2 cup water, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch together, then add to the meat mixture.
- 6Mix everything together very well in the fry pan and reduce heat to low, cover, and wait until the rice is done.
- 7Once the rice is finished, mix it together with the meat mixture and serve.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Beans and Rice With Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.6
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 1954.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 30.8 g