1/1 Photo of Red Beans and Rice With Sausage
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb cooked kielbasa (sliced about 1/2-inch thick, or use any kind of dried sausage)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes ((optional or to taste, add in for even more heat!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 (14 ounce) cans red kidney beans, with juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 -4 teaspoons cajun seasoning (or to taste, I use The Best Creole/Cajun Seasoning Mix)
- 3 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add in sausage, onion, garlic and bell pepper with dryed red pepper flakes (if using) brown for 12-15 minutes.
- 3Mix in the kidney beans with their juices, stewed tomatoes and Creole seasoning.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until the flavors are all blended and the mixture is very thick (about 40-45 minutes) seasoning with salt and pepper and stirring occasionally.
- 5You can either add the cooked rice into the bean mixture or spoon the bean mixture on top of the cooked rice in bowls the choice is up to you.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Beans and Rice With Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.0
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 1004.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 30.5 g