1/3 Photos of Red Beans and Rice With Sausage
A new favorite of ours! This recipe is adapted from a magazine. The stand time of 10 minutes is not included in prep or cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spicy smoked sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Cut smoked sausage into 1/4 inch thick slices. Cook in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until browned.
- 2Remove sausage and drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 teaspoon drippings in pan.
- 3Saute onion and celery in hot drippings over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in garlic, 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and rice. Saute 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in broth, next 3 ingredients and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning. Bring to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat; stir in sausage and parsley; let stand, covered for 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 7Serve with hot sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Beans and Rice With Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.4
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.8 mg
- Sodium 1520.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 25.0 g