Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from the back of a Western Family brand can of diced tomatoes with green chilis. Makes a great light meal on a hot summer day or as a side any time.
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1.In heavy sauce pan add water, thyme, rice and cayenne pepper.Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to low. cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- 2. Im a large bowl, mix rice with all other ingredients except salad dressing.
- 3. Add Italian salad dressing and stir gently. Serve warm or chilled.