- 1 lb red kidney beans
- 1 lb salt pork
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 hot pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pork 5 minutes to get rid of salt.
- Put pork in second water (hot) and add beans, water, should be one-half inch above beans.
- Add immediately, one bell pepper, one chopped onion, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning and whole hot pepper.
- Cook slowly two to three hours, until gravy is thick and beans tender -- just before dishing out add a pinch of italian seasoning again.
- Salt to taste and serve with rice.