Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used Vegetarian Bacon for this recipe, and it turned out nicely. You could also add a can of diced tomatoes.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 5 slices bacon (optional) or 5 slices vegan bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Cook the bacon. Crumble once cooked.
- Make the rice.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute until the onions are clear.
- Add the bacon back into the pan and combine.
- Add the kidney beans (with the liquid) and green chilis to the pan and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add Chili Powder, Paprika, Cayenne and Coriander. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold the rice into the mixture.
- Serve hot.