Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This came from Jan/Feb 2003 issue of Quick Cooking. I haven't tried it yet but it looks good. The original recipe called for chicken broth but I changed that to vegetable broth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 3 large red sweet peppers, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a 5-qt slow cooker, combine the peppers, celery, onions and beans.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaves before serving.