Recipe by Bizzy-Bee
From Cooking Light Magazine. Simple and delicious.
Top Review by smidgentigre smith
We wanted meat in ours--so I added 1# ground beef and a chopped onion. I was impressed with how GOOD it tasted since I made it at 4 & we ate at 6. Usually this type of soup/stew tastes best a day or 2 later....so I'm waiting to see how wonderful it will be tomorrow for lunch! Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) canless sodium beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and carrot; saute 4 minutes.
- Stir in water and the next 4 ingredients (through broth). Cover, bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta: cook, uncovered, for 11 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Stir in pesto; sprinkle each serving with cheese.