This soup is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 3/4 cups water
- freshly ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce, to serve if desired
- 1Heat the oil in a large, heavy based saucepan.
- 2Add the onions and garlic.
- 3Cook for about 4-5 minutes until softened but not coloured.
- 4Add the cumin, cayenne and paprika and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- 5Stir in the tomato puree and cook for a few seconds, then add the oregano.
- 6Add the tomatoes, kidney beans and the water.
- 7Bring mixture to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 8Cool the soup slightly, then puree it in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 9Return to the saucepan and add seasoning to taste.
- 11Halve, stone and peel the avocados, and dice finely.
- 12Place in a small bowl and gently, but thoroughly, mix with the red onion and the chillis, and the coriander and lime juice.
- 13Reheat soup and ladle into bowls.
- 14Spoon a little of the salsa into the middle of each bowl of soup.
- 15If you want to spice it up further offer the Tabasco to your guests.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Bean Soup with Guacamole Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.5
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: