24 hrs 30 mins
For use in steamed buns, cakes or other desserts
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover beans in cold water and soak uncovered, overnight.
- 2Drain, transfer back to the pot and cover in 5 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 3Drain and puree with a hand blender or in a food processor.
- 4Press through a metal sieve. Note: This is time consuming work. The pureed beans become a thick paste and it takes some time to press through the sieve, clean off the underside, continue pressing until most of the bean puree passes through and the skins are left behind.
- 5Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pureed beans and sugar. Stir with a wooden spoon for about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to cool.
- 6After the paste has cooled, scoop out 1/2" balls. Cover loosely with plastic wrap so they won’t dry out.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Bean Paste
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.9
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g