1/1 Photo of Red Bean Ice Cream (Azuki Ice Cream)
Red bean ice cream is popular in Singapore, Malaysia and Hawaii.....Just trust me, its really good :) If you cant find red bean PASTE, just buy sweetened red beans in a can and blend them to a smooth paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, beat sugar and egg yolks till pale and yellow. Set aside.
- 2Bring the milk to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan and then turn off heat.
- 3Slowly whisk hot milk into the yolk/sugar mixture. Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan.
- 4Turn on to a very low heat and stir constantly, till it thickens. Do not let it boil!
- 5Take the mix off the heat and whisk in the red bean paste. Strain the entire mixture into a large bowl.
- 6Let it cool for about 2 minutes and then stir in the cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Process according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Bean Ice Cream (Azuki Ice Cream)
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 136.2 mg
- Sodium 34.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red bean paste