Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Red bean ice cream is popular in Singapore, Malaysia and Hawaii.....Just trust me, its really good :) If you cant find red bean PASTE, just buy sweetened red beans in a can and blend them to a smooth paste.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened red bean paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and egg yolks till pale and yellow. Set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan and then turn off heat.
- Slowly whisk hot milk into the yolk/sugar mixture. Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan.
- Turn on to a very low heat and stir constantly, till it thickens. Do not let it boil!
- Take the mix off the heat and whisk in the red bean paste. Strain the entire mixture into a large bowl.
- Let it cool for about 2 minutes and then stir in the cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Process according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
Thanks. I love this ice-cream. Yummy!!! Next I will try black sesame. Any suggestions?