Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A simple and hearty tomato soup, complimented with a zesty spice and smell. I found this at a local resturant and tried to duplicate it for a friend that is VEGAN. It turned out exceptionally good the first time I made it!
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups cooked red beans (kidney or equivalent)
- Cook all ingredients except the beans for 2 hours (I cooked on high in the crock pot).
- Add cooked beans (I used dry beans and cooked then at the same time as the soup on the stove) and continue to cook for an additional 1/2 hour until beans thoroughly warm.