Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very Tasty & healthy, great for a vegetarian.
- 14 ounces canned kidney beans
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 medium onion, diced
- butter-flavored cooking spray (5 servings)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Saute onions & peppers.
- Cook broccoli.
- Drain & rinse canned red beans.
- Add broccoli, beans, chili powder, salt and water to the onions.
- Heat to boiling. Mix cornstarch with enough water to make a smooth mixture. Add to pan and stir until mixture is thickened.
- Warm taco shells (not included in the calories, will depend on which soft tacos you use) if desired in microwave.
- Fill with bean mixture and top with 1 tbsp of low fat shredded cheese.