Recipe by Rita~
Try this Irish salad for Good Old St.Patty's Day!To make this quick make it in a food processor.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Made this for St. Patty's day, but it really didn't go with the other Irish food (Irish soda bread, Irish Stew, etc) It was very pretty and also very good; however, it was definitely ASIAN not Irish. I think the directions could be written more coherently as well. I give it four stars because it tasted great and I do plan to bring it to summer get-togethers - makes a huge amount, I'd say it serves at least 12-16 as a side dish. However, I wouldn't advise others to make this for St. Patty's day and the directions aren't very clear.
- 1 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- soy sauce or salt
- 1⁄2 cup scallion
- 1 firm apple, thinly sliced