1/2 Photos of Red and Yellow Watermelon Salad
Easy to make; sweet and refreshing! I used two varieties of watermelon-seedless red and seedless yellow! Fresh mint from the garden, too! For the fruit-flavored vinegar, raspberry flavor was used. From Quick and Simple magazine with a few minor changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cubed red watermelon, seeded if necessary
- 3 cups cubed yellow watermelon, seeded if necessary
- 1/3 cup scallion, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons fruit vinegar (white wine or white balsamic can be substituted instead)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic chives, minced
- 1In a large salad bowl, combine the watermelon cubes, scallions and red onion.
- 2In a small non-reactive bowl whisk together the vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Pour the vinaigrette over the melon mixture. Add the herbs and toss gently to coat.
- 4Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red and Yellow Watermelon Salad
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: