Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I found this in Cooking Light, June 2007 and had to post it for ZWT3.
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, packed without oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small yellow squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Combine 1/2 cup boiling water and sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and slice tomatoes into 1/4-inch strips.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine tomatoes and next 9 ingredients (through onion) in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil; toss gently. Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure about 1 cup. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil and cheese; pulse to combine. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over vegetables. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.