Recipe by BecR
Summer on a platter! This salad is lovely in it's rustic simplicity. The tarragon adds a delicate anise note, different than the usual basil and tomato combination. Just add crusty chunks of bread to soak up the aromatic dressing, it's practically a meal in itself. Enjoy...
Top Review by Bergy
So simple and so tasty - It looks very attractive too. Would be lovely on a buffet. The balsamic & olive oil do the trick. I used a spray of balsamic and a spray of olive oil We really enjoyed it Thanks Becky
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 large ripe yellow tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon (or snipped fresh parsley)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the tomato slices in an overlapping single layer on an attractive platter.
- Drizzle evenly with vinegar, then with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and garnish with freshly snipped tarragon or parsley.
- Let dish stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.