- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup medium grain rice (any rice would most likely do)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in 8" skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and red pepper, saute until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and rice, stirring to coat rice.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add wine, bring to boil, and cook until wine is just about gone.
- Add chicken broth, stir well.
- Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Keep covered for 20 minutes, without lifing lid.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
- Add more salt or pepper to taste, if needed, and serve.