Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple rice with onion and red peppers. Allows you to leave it be while you take care of other dishes. Doubles nicely.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup medium grain rice (any rice would most likely do)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Heat olive oil in 8" skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and red pepper, saute until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and rice, stirring to coat rice.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add wine, bring to boil, and cook until wine is just about gone.
- Add chicken broth, stir well.
- Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Keep covered for 20 minutes, without lifing lid.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
- Add more salt or pepper to taste, if needed, and serve.
I thought this was a little bland, It needed to be jazzed up a bit with some more herbs and spices.
Quick and delicious! I was looking for a side dish for Mahi Mahi as well, and this was perfect. I used a sticky rice and one whole red pepper. Thanks for the great recipe, Kelly M!
Yum! This recipe couldn't have been more easy to prepare and won rave reviews from my hubby. I am not a pepper fan, but the sweetness of the red pepper was a nice blend with the rice. We served this with Grilled Mahi Mahi W/ Avocado Salsa.