Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A delicious treat from The South Beach Diet.
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 4 (3 ounce) packagesof sugar-free red colored gelatin
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- sugar-free chocolate syrup
- 8 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix 2 1/2 cups of boiling water with the four packages of gelatin.
- Pour the mixture into a 13x9 inch pan and chill for three hours.
- Select the type of dish you'd like to use for the parfait.
- In a bowl, stir together two teaspoons of sugar substitute and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract for every 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- Using cookie cutters that are roughly the same diameter but smaller than the parfait glass, cut out rounds of gelatin.
- Feel free to experiment with different cookie cutter shapes, like hearts.
- Alternately layer the gelatin rounds and yogurt in the parfait glass.
- Finish with a dollop of the yogurt, and top with a drizzle of sugar-free chocolate syrup.
- Note — you may have leftover gelatin when finished. Keep it on hand for a Sweet Treats snack!