Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Great recipe for the "SLOW COOKER" in the summer, so you don't heat up your kitchen.
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken or 6 cups turkey
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans navy beans, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients in the slow-cooker; stir gently to mix. Place lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours OR on high for 3 to 4 hours until hot and sauce thickens slightly.
- Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve food directly from slow-cooker.
Lovely chili, a bit differant from our regular but that's what we were looking for. More like a bean soup than chili but nice flavors with just a bit of kick. Was a little thin and I think next time I might thicken it a little at the end of cooking. I only had one can of beans so used some dried I had in the pantry and softened them prior to adding all the other ingrediants. Used white chicken breast that I sauted prior to adding to the mixture. Nice warming dish served with recipe#309834 and a glass of cabernet for a pleasant winter meal.