Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
Quick and easy summer dinner. Serve with a green salad and a loaf of crusty bread.
- 8 ounces Italian sausage, remove from casings and crumbled
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut on 1/4- inch strips
- 1 red onion, small, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- parmesan cheese, shavings
- Place the sausage meat in a microwave safe 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Microwave on HIGH, uncovered for 4 minutes, stirring twice.
- Transfer sausage to a sieve to drain off fat; mince the sausage; set aside.
- Combine red and green peppers, onion, and olive oil in the pie plate; microwave 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in reserved sausage, microwave 1 minute.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl; stir into the hot sausage mixture.
- Microwave 3 minutes, stirring twice, or until the eggs ate almost set.
- Arrange cheese on top of frittata.
- cover with an inverted plate and microwave 1 minute.
- Let stand, covered, 1 minute more before serving.