Recipe by ellie_
This is coleslaw is really pretty using both red and green cabbage, but is best made ahead of time so it can marinate for several hours or overnight. Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit (January 1981)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, cut into wedges to fit food processor feeder tube
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, cut into wedges to fit food processor feeder tube
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup safflower oil or 1⁄2 cup other vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor and the steel knife mince parsley using on/off turns.
- Remove steel knife, but leave parsley in work bowl, and insert the thin slicer disc.
- Slice cabbage and carrot and transfer to large salad bowl (you may have to remove some of the sliced cabbage as you slice, depending on size of your work bowl).
- Combine remaining ingredients (cider vinegar- salt) in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, let cool to room temperature and then pour over vegetables, tossing vegetables and dressing together.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Toss before serving.