Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Great way to serve ground turkey or chicken. Please use white meat as dark makes for a different taste. Time to make does not include making the Alfredo sauce...you will make it, won't you? So much better than store bought!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, ground
- 2 cups alfredo sauce (*)
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (**)
- 2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh black pepper, ground
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray large saute pan with oil.
- Add onions, and cook on medium heat until soft, 4-5 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms release their juices, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic & oregano. Stir well.
- Cover and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add turkey, cook on medium heat until no pink shows, breaking up so no clumps remain.
- Add Alfredo sauce, tomato paste, water and pepper. Lower heat to simmer and allow to do so for at least twenty minutes. Salt as desired.
- *Alfredo Sauce: I recommend one of three choices depending on how much the fat content matters to you. 1.#43420, 2.#31589, 3.#100488.
- **I also recommend using a slurry of cornstarch if you like a thicker sauce. If you are uncertain about this, you can make the sauce in a separate pot before adding to meat mixture.
- This is very good served over most any pasta of your choice. Also try it over polenta or rice. Really very tasty.