Recipe by Sassy Red Chef
The red alert or caution is that this may too good to be true, the flavors are scrumptious and the red slaw is kicking with nutrients. I came up with this creative summer slaw because I wanted to use red cabbage, and I happened to have red onions. The citrusness added with honey and pecans is sure to be full of flavor and the colors pleasing to the eye, this is an easy recipe and so rewarding to your tastebuds.
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 2 oranges, peeled and chunked
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss shredded cabbage, red onions, pecans, and oranges into serving bowl.
- Next, take your honey and drizzle over top.
- Add pepper and salt, oil, juice, and mayo.
- Toss again, mixing all ingredients up together, let sit for 30 minutes in fridge, serve cold on salad plate, glass desert bowls or paper cups.
- Complimented sweet petite tuna melt peppers, see this recipe on Sassy Red Chef page.