Recipe by yogi
From the Hot & Spicy & Meatless cookbook with a few changes. It's called 'recycled' because there always seems to be leftover peppers and scallions in the frig, and this is a good way to use them up. If you don't like things too spicy feel free to omit the chilies, or at least seed them first. If you love spicy (like me) add a little extra.
Top Review by EdsGirlAngie
Oh yogi, this was SOOOO good! I put in a little less peppers and more tomatoes and cilantro; I'm thinking about ... cucumbers next time. I can't believe that the only thing really dressing this salad is lime juice (talk about low-fat!), and it's fabulous. Thanks for sharing this delicious salad - it's going to be a weekly event in the summer!
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 -4 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 -3 chilies, minced (I used serranos and left the seeds on for extra heat)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper