Clifford Boren's Note:
A nummy way to blow a hole through that ghastly huge pile of leftover turkey after the holidays. Try it with the alternative serving suggestion in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With reckless abandon, plop everything except the potatoes and paprika into a skillet and sautee it until the onion is translucent.
- 2Chunk it all into individual ramekins and spread a layer of mashed potatoes over the mouths of the ramekins.
- 3Sprinkle with paprika.
- 4Bake in a 350 degree oven until the potatoes are heated through.
- 5Possibly 10 minutes, or less.
- 6Serve with crispy green salad.
- 7ALTERNATIVE: Instead of ramekins, use those small (about 4 inch) round loaves of brown and serve sourdough bread.
- 8Lop off the tops and dig out most of the bread.
- 9Put the filling inside and cover with potatoes.
- 10Bake according to directions on the bread package.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Recycled Holiday Mainstay
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 892.6
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 162.7 mg
- Sodium 1453.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 59.4 g