1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was posted in answer to a request for Dutch (Netherlands) recipes. The recipe comes from the book: "Cooking into Europe - Choice Common Market Dishes" (1973). This recipe was copied word for word from the book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a short crust pastry with the flour, salt, butter and water.
- 2Roll it out.
- 3Line a shallow springform cake tin, 6 1/2-inches in diameter, keeping enough pastry back to form a lid.
- 4Mix curd cheese with the cream, pine kernels, egg whites (beaten until frothy), the sugar and ginger.
- 5Add any cider needed to work the mixture into a smooth paste (except for the kernels).
- 6Place the filling in the pie crust and cover with a pastry lid.
- 7Glaze the lid with the egg yolk, well beaten.
- 8Bake in a moderate oven (GM 4, 350°F, 180°C), for about 45 minutes.
- 9Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Recotter Pastei (Ginger Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2529.3
- Calories from Fat 1316
- Total Fat 146.3 g
- Saturated Fat 46.9 g
- Cholesterol 372.3 mg
- Sodium 624.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 283.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 175.4 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: